Expand your business with our 3 Step Approach: Education, Communication and Sales Training
Plan Like the Pros
Get the PLANNING METHOD that Mark Macdonald and Venice Nutrition teach to thousands every month, and that the most successful HEALTH PROS in the industry count on to keep their businesses growing fast!
With over twenty years of experience creating thriving nutrition consulting businesses throughout the world, our team knows what it takes for you to get started and become successful in today’s competitive industry.
Venice Nutrition is a nutrition and fitness system based on the science of blood sugar stabilization. By learning this principle and becoming an expert on physiology, you will have the skill set to coach anyone on how to become a success story, regardless of their goals, age, gender, body type, background or athletic ability.
Whether you are a health enthusiast or currently working in the health industry, with Venice Nutrition you’ll gain the tools and training that you need to expand your current business or start a new one. Unlike most nutrition certifications, Venice Nutrition is affordable (only $299) and provides the ability for you to legally coach clients and give nutrition advice; a critical factor in building your business!
No other Nutrition Certification in the industry allows for such a dynamic approach. For all details regarding the course, please visit the FAQ menu to the left or continue to scroll below.
Why become certified as a Venice Nutrition Coach?
- Gain the tools, knowledge and confidence to be a successful Nutrition Coach
- Learn the science behind blood sugar stabilization and physiology of the human body
- Be trained to coach anyone on how to reach their personal nutrition and fitness goals
- Become skilled at motivating a client from their initial assessment to their last visit.
- Learn how to optimize sleep, supplementation, exercise and water intake for increased results
- Understand how the right nutrition plan can improve health and help prevent disease
- Increase your credibility as a professional in the health industry
- Open your own nutrition consulting practice
- Create an additional source of revenue for your existing business for greater financial rewards
- Provide your current clients with the nutrition tools they need for improved results
- A Venice Nutrition education = increased referrals and business!
Who should become certified as a Venice Nutrition Coach?
- Personal Trainers
- Group Fitness Instructors
- Yoga/Pilates Instructors
- Sports Conditioning Professionals
- Gym/Health/Spa Facility Owners and Staff
- Health/Wellness/Life Coaches and Enthusiasts
- Exercise Physiologists
- Physical Therapists
- Health Conscious Personal/Private Chefs
- Anyone who wants to learn how to make a difference in other’s lives or build their own nutrition consulting business
Who is the IBNFC?
Venice Nutrition’s Medical Board, the IBNFC (International Board of Nutrition and Fitness Coaching), is comprised of:
- Mark MacDonald, Creator and CEO of Venice Nutrition
- Nicole Hilburt, Director of Dietetics, Registered Dietician (RD), MS, LDN, CSDN
- Dr. Steven Lee, Director of Medical Affairs, Diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Dr. Bryen Bell, Director of Spinal Wellness and Rehabilitation
Together these leaders have joined forces to create a revolutionary certification process to guide anyone on correct nutrition and blood sugar stabilization, physiology, and how to coach your clients to reach their unique goals.
What does the Venice Nutrition Certification Package include?
Take advantage of the most innovative and complete certification system designed to provide you with the knowledge, tools and support that you need to succeed as a nutrition coach! Your certification package includes:
- Nutrition Coach Certification Course – see Nutrition Coach Certification Manual >
- Complete Certification Course Video (taught by Mark Macdonald, Creator of Venice Nutrition)
- The Coaches Network and Support System – learn about Coaches Network >
- Access to Weekly Coaching Webinars and archives of Videos, Webinars, Audio Files, Documents etc all designed to enhance your skill set as a health professional – Click for Webinar Info >
- A 2 year membership to Venice Nutrition Online (a $258.00 Value) – learn about Venice Nutrition Program >
What does the Testing and Certification procedure include?
Upon purchase of the Nutrition Coach Certification Course, you will immediately have access to the Coaches Network. Instructions on how to access your account and download your Study Manual will be emailed to the address you enter on the check-out page. You may choose to take the exams whenever you are ready. You must pass exam one in order to proceed to exam two. Both exams must have passing scores in order to earn your Nutrition Coach Certification.
The exam will be available online in the Coaches Network “Exam Tab”.
Exam One: Part 1 and Part 2 of the Nutrition Certification Course Manual
75 questions, true/false and multiple choice.
- Time: 90 Minutes
- Results: Your exam is graded immediately after you click on the “submit” button or after 90 minutes have passed. A minimum score of 80% is required to pass.
- Re-testing: If you do not pass this exam you can re-test within 7 days. The fee is $25.00 and you will have 6 additional months to complete this exam. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exam Two: Part 3 of the Nutrition Certification Course Manual + 3 Day Certification Course Videos
80 questions, true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, short essay.
- Time: 90 Minutes
- Results: Your exam will be graded within 7 business days. A minimum score of 80% is required to pass.
- Re-testing: If you do not pass this exam you can re-test within 14 days. The fee is $75.00 and you will have 6 additional months to complete this exam. Please contact email@example.com.
Once you’ve passed both exams, your customized Nutrition Certificate will be emailed to you within 1-2 weeks. If you need a CEC letter for NAFC or NASM, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there any pre-requisites to becoming certified?
Simply put, no. We have designed our certification process to be beneficial to anyone, including beginners to the industry and seasoned professionals such as nutritionists, personal trainers and gym/spa owners.
How long does it take to become certified as a Venice Nutrition Coach?
The certification may take anywhere from 2 weeks to several months.
The speed at which you progress will be determined by:
- Amount of time dedicated to studying and preparing
- Current level of knowledge on health, nutrition, physiology, and fitness
You may progress at your own pace. The exams can be taken online when you are ready >>.
What type of Support will I receive?
The health industry is ever evolving. The Nutrition Coach Certification Course will provide you with three main keys to stay ahead of the curve in the industry.
- A Solid Educational Foundation: Venice Nutrition teaches from the root, meaning everything you will learn in the course is backed by science and physiology. The educational information is robust and provided in multiple formats via manuals, videos, webinars, audio files and documents to ensure retention of the information.
- The Art of Communication & Coaching: Knowledge is your foundation, communication is your bridge. How you articulate the information to your clients will determine your success as a coach. By understanding the main components of communication you will develop the skill set to lead your clients to their desired health goals. The certification course, videos, Coaches Network, and webinars will teach you how to maximize time, energy and your client’s results through communication and coaching.
- Continual Support: Each week there is new information being released in the health industry. We understand this and also know that to succeed as a Nutrition Coach there needs to be continual support during the certification process and after you are certified. For this reason we offer the most comprehensive support model in the industry, consisting of:
- Over 100+ Advanced Coaches Webinars & Business Development Webinars available in the Coaches Network. All webinars are led by Mark Macdonald, creator and CEO of Venice Nutrition, and author of the NY Times Best Selling Book, Body Confidence
- Full access to the Coaches Network, which contains a full library of videos, webinars and audio files, marketing material, wellness Power Point presentations, support documents and more
- Complete Speaker Training for all nutrition coaches interested in providing wellness presentations
- Access to the Coaches Community via social media avenues where our Nutrition Coaches around the world communicate, support one another and share ideas
This support system will keep you current and inspired and will lay down a path you can always follow to find the answers you need and give you the confidence to lead a thriving consulting business.
For those wanting to consult and set up personalized client meal plans for their nutrition businesses, we recommend our Venice Nutrition Licensing System. Licensing will provide you with one-on-one support and mentoring from a Master Venice Nutrition Coach to help build your business, answer your questions and continue to help move your brand and business forward.
One-on-one support (other than the support listed above) is not available unless you are a Venice Nutrition Licensee.
How long is the certification valid?
Your Venice Nutrition Certification is valid for 2 years from the date you receive it. 2.0 CECs will be required to maintain a valid Certification beyond your first two years, and for every two year period thereafter.
Is this a Nationally Accredited Certification?
Yes it is. It has been Nationally Recognized since 2003. Venice Nutrition’s Medical board, the IBNFC, possesses all of the Correct Legal Qualifications for the Nutrition Coach Certification to be Nationally Recognized.
There is a difference between Personal Training Certifications and Nutrition Certifications. Unlike Personal Training Certifications there is not a National Board that oversees Nutrition Certifications. Nutrition is viewed by each state as a higher skill level than personal training, so in essence there are tougher laws and requirements. The governing body is the Dietetic Association for each State and they enforce the Dietetics Practice Act.
In essence every Nutrition Certification can be called “Nationally Recognized”, the big question is whether you can Legally Teach Nutrition in a state with that Nutrition Certification. With a Nutrition Coach Certification offered by the IBNFC & Venice Nutrition alongside an implementation of the VN Software System, you CAN Legally Teach Nutrition in any state located in the United States.
Does this Certification allow me to Legally Teach Nutrition?
Yes, it does. While 99% of all other Nutrition Certifications do not provide the ability to actually legally teach nutrition, the Venice Nutrition Coach Certification does. A Registered Dietitian can also legally teach nutrition, however, the nutrition education a Registered Dietitian typically receives through a university is primarily designed to work with clients who are in a diseased state. This education fails to provide real answers on how health professionals should educate their clients on how to work nutrition, fitness and other health parameters permanently into their lives.
Mark Macdonald created the Venice Nutrition Coach Certification as a solution to the lack of education and inability for health professionals to teach others on how their bodies really work and how to achieve permanent results. He knew that if you were not a Registered Dietitian, there were three necessary tools that needed to be developed to give health professionals the opportunity to legally teach nutrition throughout the United States and be in accordance with the Dietetic Practice Act.
The three tools needed were:
- A Nutrition Company that has a Medical Board with the proper credentials to oversee and administer nutrition programs. In 2003 Mark Macdonald founded Venice Nutrition’s Medical Board, the IBNFC (International Board of Nutrition and Fitness Coaching)
- A Nutrition Company with an Advanced Curriculum for its Nutrition Certification Course and a Scalable System for administering the exams. In 2003 Venice Nutrition Launched the most Dynamic Nutrition Certification in the Industry and Created an Online Environment for Testing.
- A Nutrition Company with a Software System overseen by its Medical Board with the purpose of administering nutrition programs. In 2003 Venice Nutrition launched its first software system that provided customized nutrition programs. Mark understood the importance of continual software development and for this reason, launched the Technology Division of Venice Nutrition in 2003. The VN Software is a powerful application for both Nutrition Coaches and their clientele.
Teaching Nutrition vs. Coaching/Consulting Programs:
Teaching Nutrition: With the Venice Nutrition Certification alone you can legally teach nutrition and educate people. For example, if you are a personal trainer, with the VN Certification, you could give your clients advice/coaching on nutrition to help them achieve their goals, or you can do group presentations for all of your clients. If you are a Wellness speaker you could give group presentations on nutrition and/or conduct seminars. (please note “teaching” does not mean being a Teacher in an educational institution, that requires a 4 year degree amongst other requirements).
Coaching/Consulting Programs: If you are planning on providing coaching/consulting programs for clients that include creating or giving meal plans then it is necessary to License from Venice Nutrition and utilize the Venice Nutrition software. Due to the US laws of the Diabetic Practice Act a Dietician must oversee all nutrition programs whereby meal plans are offered to clients. Here is the exact clause from the Diatetic Practice Act:
Since the Venice Nutrition software is overseen by our medical board (which includes a Registered Dietician) it is 100% legal for you to provide your clients with meal plans using the VN software program.
What is the Dietetic Practice Act?
Because each state views nutrition like a Licensed service, the Dietetic Association of each state created a Law to confirm that all nutritional advice was being given by qualified health professionals. The following is the Exception to the Law that a Nutrition Coach Certification by the IBNFC and Venice Nutrition falls under according to the Dietetic Practice Act:
Because of the Credentials of the Venice Nutrition Medical Board, the Advanced Certification Course Curriculum & the Robust VN Software System, any individual that becomes Certified as an IBNFC Nutrition Coach & utilizes the VN Software System CAN Legally Provide Nutrition Services (one on one coaching, group coaching, workplace wellness programs, etc…) throughout the United States.
Does VN’s cert provide CECs for other certifications?
Yes, we are currently a provider for NASM. We will be adding additional companies starting in the Fall of 2015.
- NASM – 1.9 units. NASM requires all certified trainers to accumulate 2.0 units over a 2 year period of time. The Nutrition Coach Certification provides nearly all of the required units and in addition teaches information that can be applied immediately with your clients.
** Once the Nutrition Coach Certification Course is completed a letter will be submitted with your certification stating you passed the course and are certified. This is the letter you will need to provide the organization you are presenting completed CEC’s to. **
How do I open a nutrition consulting business or improve my current consulting business?
Venice Nutrition is committed to continual support and development. We’re always moving forward as an organization and are driven to stay proactive in the industry. Because of this, a certified nutrition coach or a licensee will have unlimited cutting edge information and support 365 days a year.
Going beyond support – we’re committed to growing with your company. We understand that to maximize growth, business needs to be built before you have a business. It is our responsibility to show you the unlimited possibilities with Nutrition and Wellness… For those reasons We’ve created a 5 Phase approach in adding Nutrition and Wellness to your business. Each phase has its own objectives and time frame. Many consulting practices choose to implement all 5 phases and many others choose to implement 2-3. There is no right or wrong way to do it. Everything depends on the goal of your business.
The 5 phases are:
Phase 1 – Getting Certified and Learning the Process
- This phase is designed to educate you on the Program and provide you with the tools to begin coaching clients.
- The IBNFC Nutrition Coach Certification is the most Advanced Nutrition Certification In the industry. This certification will teach you the necessary physiology, communication, coaching and sales skills that are crucial in becoming a great nutrition coach.
Phase 2 – Developing Your Consulting Practice
- This phase is focused on enhancing your skill set as a Nutrition Coach and will enable you to diversify your clientele base. Typically when you first begin coaching you’ll engage clients similar to yourself. The more experience you attain, the more tools you’ll gain – the better able you’ll be to work with people that are not similar…
- Starting a new business takes time, energy and can be very expensive. Our goal was to make it affordable and Easy for You. With a licensing package your business can have a Customized Business Profile, Marketing Material, Online Assessment, Online Software, Online Store, Newsletters and more. This step also allows your business to become National overnight. learn about our licensing package >>
Phase 3 – Adding Wellness Programs to your Business
- Once you’re able to work with a diverse audience, you’re ready to add Wellness Programs to your business. They’ll allow you to reach an audience worth of people in the same amount of time it takes to speak with 1 or 2 people. Wellness programs are designed for companies, schools and other organizations. Our Wellness Division can assist you with this phase.
Phase 4 – Building a Team of Nutrition Coaches
- As you develop phase 2 and 3, your time will become tighter. With Venice Nutrition you have a turnkey training system for team members. As you grow, you’ll want to expand your team to assist you with servicing your clients and wellness contracts. Potential coaches can immediately plug into phase 1 and go through the entire certification process. This is a crucial point because it will allow you to focus on building your business and not get bogged down with the task of training a new coach from scratch. This is another reason that partnerships can help grow your business.
Phase 5 – Expanding your Nutrition and Wellness Business
- Once Phase 2-4 are complete, you can begin to focus on expanding your business. A Consulting practice with Venice Nutrition immediately launches your business into the National spectrum. Our System gives you the ability to expand using Radio, TV, Online Communities like Facebook and Twitter, newspapers, magazines, etc.
Is Advanced Coaching available?
30 Day Advanced Coaching (Optional):
Work one on one with a Venice Nutrition Master Coach. With these coaching sessions you will increase your skill set and answer any questions you may have regarding nutrition, physiology and coaching. In addition, we will guide you on how to operate your own successful nutrition consulting business.
- One-on-One Advanced Training to develop the best action plan will immediately have an impact with your nutrition consulting business.
- Comes with a series of 4 Phone Coaching Sessions (45 – 60 minutes each), one per week
- 30 Days of Full Email Support
- Subjects for the first 30 days of advanced coaching include: Goal Setting, Developing a Business Plan, Understanding ROI, Performing Health Assessments, Performing Program Presentations, Marketing Strategies and More
Additional Coaching Series:
- Laying down the Foundation of your Consulting Business
- Session 1: Business Goal Setting, Creating your Action Plan, Learning the Flow from Start to Finish of a Consulting Package
- Session 2: How to perform Health Assessments, Program Presentations, and Coaching Follow Up Sessions
- Session 3: Marketing Strategies & How to Build Relationships in your Community
- Session 4: Five Main Coaching tips to maximize referrals
- Science and Physiology: Improving your Skill Set to work with All Types of Clients
- Session 1: Overview and Detailed Explanation of the body’s 5 main systems and how they relate to Venice Nutrition’s Health Structure
- Session 2: The most common Endocrine System Challenges and How to Work with Clients that have these challenges
- Session 3: The most common Digestive System Challenges and How to Work with Clients that have these challenges
- Session 4: Exercise Biomechanics and How to maximize your Clients’ Cardiovascular training
- Sales Training: Learning the Art of Enrollment
- Session 1: The Top 5 strategies in Building Relationships
- Session 2: Client Profiling
- Session 3: Understanding, Implementating and Maximizing the Sales Cycle
- Session 4: Enrolling Clients and Referrals
- Coaching Training: Leading your Clients to Success
- Session 1: The Power of Communication
- Session 2: Goal Setting
- Session 3: Accountability
- Session 4: Intangibles
Optional Investment: $499.00
How can I create customized meal plans for my clientele?
Access to the Nutrition Consulting Software (VN Client Management System):
The VN Client Management System is a fully interactive, web based, nutrition and fitness software program that provides all the necessary tools to view and manage your members.
- Fully interactive nutrition and fitness management software that creates the opportunity for each business to manage their revenue, facilities, leads and members.
- Web Based Software that can be accessed anywhere in the world.
- Gives the ability to create your member’s customized meal plans.
With access to the Management Software, you will have the ability to customize individual nutrition and health plans according to each client’s unique goals, needs and lifestyle. A VN customized health structure provides your clients with meal plans based on their individual nutritional parameters, exercise, sleep, supplementation and water intake.
- The Ability to create and alter customized nutrition and health plans for your clientele. (this function allows you to override the software)
- The Ability to register all of your clients and have the Venice Nutrition Software create an automated customized program. This will allow maximum time efficiency. Create your own customized program and experience the software first hand with a 14 day trial >>
** Each client would receive 90 days access to their personalized Venice Nutrition account, you would be billed $20.00 per account. After that time your clients have the option to enroll on our subscription service if they would like to continue service to their online account. At that time you would receive 50% commission on all enrollments and reoccurring fees. **
- This ability is included with our Venice Nutrition Consulting Practice License.
How do I offer Wellness Programs?
A great way to maximize your time, reach out to the community and build your clientele is through Wellness Programs. As a health professional there are only so many hours in the day to work with clients, wellness programs create the opportunity to work with many individuals at once. When presenting at an event it is always more powerful to provide all attendees with a game plan that will reinforce the message you are delivering. For this reason Venice Nutrition has created the Workplace Wellness Partner Program. With this program you will be able to enroll all attendees on the Online Program and receive custom designed materials for your events.
Wellness Partner Program Includes:
- Custom Material for your events: Examples >>
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Ability to enroll 30 day memberships (up to 75 enrollments per event / extra enrollments at additional cost)
- Monthly call with VN Marketing Executive to implement success strategies and brainstorm
- Streaming Video of Wellness Presentation
- Audio Files guiding you Step by Step on how to market & enroll wellness events as well as how to prepare and perform Wellness Presentations.
Is Speaker Training available?
Yes, we offer a fantastic speaker training program that will teach the tools that will enable you to fully engage an audience and develop your skill set of showing each attendee the possibility of making their Health a Priority. The training program will provide you with the confidence, reputation and foundation to lead an audience to success and maximize the growth of your business.
Speaker Training Includes:
- 3 Streaming Videos of Mark Macdonald presenting wellness programs to an audience
- 4 – 45 minute phone coaching sessions with Mark Macdonald or a Master Coach on how to maximize your skill set as a speaker The 4 Session package will cover:
- Session 1: How to market and enroll wellness programs
- Session 2: How to engage an audience
- Session 3: How to present with a beginning, middle and end and make your presentation your own
- Session 4: How to adjust during a presentation: overcoming obstacles, answering questions, regaining momentum, and bringing your audience back
- Custom Educational Packet
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Opportunity (upon completion and approval) to become part of VN Speaker Circle.
What happens after I purchase the certification?
Immediately upon purchase of the Venice Nutrition Coach Certification Course, you will have access to the Coaches Network. Instructions on how to access your account will be emailed to you along with a detailed Step by Step Certification document which walks you through how to get started.
Instructions on how to download your Nutrition Coach Certification Course Manual will be sent to the email address you supply when purchasing your certification. Instructions can also be found in the ‘Step by Step Certification’ document. You may choose to take the exams whenever you are ready. You must pass exam one in order to proceed to exam two. Both exams must have passing scores in order to earn your Nutrition Coach Certification.
If you wish to learn more about how you can use your Venice Nutrition Certificate to run your own Nutrition Consulting Practice please visit our Licensing page www.VeniceNutrition.com/Licensing.
For additional questions we invite you to contact our Health Professional support team at email@example.com or call 678.392.2088 ext 302.