Hello Health Champion!
November is a special month for our family, it’s Diabetes Awareness month and helping the world learn how to balance blood sugar has been our family’s life mission.
I’ve been teaching people how to eat PFC3 and balance their blood sugar since 1999 and I remember in 2004 when Abbi was pregnant with Hunter and was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes.
I shared this experience in Body Confidence and how it was my first experience with such little relevant blood sugar information throughout the medical community.
Abbi and I worked side by side throughout her pregnancy to keep her blood sugar stable through nutrition. It worked amazing and Hunter was a healthy baby boy. I love this pic of Abbi and H!
But with her autoimmune challenges, immediately after Hunter was born, the gestational diabetes evolved into insulin resistance.
18 years later, Abbi has done everything to prevent becoming a diabetic and has stayed medication free.
The stats about blood sugar are scary right now, basically 1 out of every 2 adult Americans are either diabetic or insulin resistant.
As I’ve traveled the world and helped millions of people in 65+ countries and 6 continents balance their blood sugar, it became evident that the eating philosophy of PFC3 breaks all cultural and food barriers and empowers people to learn the realistic tools to forever balance their blood sugar. When your blood sugar is balanced, your hormones are balanced, your digestion is improved, your energy is higher and your mood is stronger, basically you feel good so life can be good.
Living with food freedom is attainable and YES you can eat your favorite food and still get the health results you want.
This is why we’re excited to share that a New Book, New Enhanced Program, New Community, New Tools, New Events, and so much more will be launching early 2023, all designed to help you balance your blood sugar, live your health as a family and forever unlock your body’s full potential.
Plus, for all my fellow health pros, a NEW Blood Sugar Nutrition Certification as well!
Now we’re fired up for all that is coming in early 2023, but until then, we still have November and December to Win through the Holidays.
So to help, every Friday, starting today, I’ll be sharing coaching strategies to help optimize your Body-Mind-Lifestyle all focused on the concept of 1% progress.
And if you know me, you know I love Pizza! So, the best way to kick off this weekly email and blog series is to share my all-time favorite recipe – Blood Sugar Balancing Barbecue Chicken Pizza!! YES… you can eat pizza and still balance your blood sugar.
Blood Sugar Balancing Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Makes: 1 Servings
Serving Size: 1 Small Pizza
- 1 8” whole wheat or gluten-free tortilla – Our family loves the BFREE tortilla brand
- Olive Oil cooking spray>
- 2 tablespoons all-natural tomato sauce (preferably organic)
- ⅓ cup whole or low fat mozzarella or sharp cheddar cheese (you choose your favorite)
- 2½ ounces cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small chunks or shredded
- 1 tablespoon organic all-natural barbecue sauce (for the chicken)
- Onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Place tortilla on a cookie sheet and spray the tortilla lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Spread tomato sauce on top.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top of sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken and barbecue sauce, and then layer on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle onions, peppers, and remaining cheese on top of pizza.
- Cook for 8–10 minutes, or until crust is crisp and cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool slightly, cut into quarters
* Bonus Supplement Tip: To boost your digestion and help minimize any bloating take 2 #restoredigestion Capsules, 5- 10 minutes before your Pizza Party begins. *
* And a quick Bonus Tip is to cook the chicken in bulk for the week for quick grab ’n’ go meals like this one. Kids will love this recipe too. *
Now make sure to get your PFC3 Balanced Pizza Groove on this weekend!