Hello Health Champion!
Last weekend we crushed an epic hike at Amicalola Falls, the tallest waterfall in Georgia, and over 50 Stories!
Our hike inspired me to share with you that there’s a perception in society that when you turn 50 and beyond, you need to slow down, do less activity, etc… but it’s the exact opposite – challenge yourself to age with power and push yourself 1% at a time.
Whatever your age, whether it’s in your twenties, thirties, forties, fifties, sixties and beyond, focus on new and exciting exercise adventures.
Imagine movement that inspires you and becomes something you look forward to dream of, and includes your family and friends.
There were three big takeaways from our hike and it’s a great example of how 1% daily progress compounds each day into powerful progress.
- Hope crushed this hike, she already hiked strong at Stone Mountain, GA and in Chimney Rock, TN, but her endurance & strength was next level on this hike. She’s now ready for her first official hiking backpack!
- Abbi has been fighting chronic inflammation since her twenties, but she keeps focusing on 1% progress. Hikes that most people with chronic pain might think are impossible, Abbi proves they are possible.
- The weight I was carrying, and the extreme steepness of the hike showed my strength and endurance is really coming together – my heart rate only got as high as 115bpm, and those steps were no joke! Three months ago, I would have felt tired the next day, but on Sunday I felt ready for another hike.
The way you look at your exercise is many times how you live your life. It’s easy to think things are out of reach or to challenging. The reality is Everything is possible, you just need to cast your health vision, get clear on what movement you love and focus on 1% progress. When you do that, all possibilities open up.
This is also why we created our new flagship and most powerful PFC3 program, the 100 Days of 1%, with a full Body-Mind-Lifestyle experience.
And to show you all the new and cool content we are bringing to the 100 Day Program, check out this recipe especially for all the Popcorn Lovers out there!
Finally, after years of requests – A Homemade Popcorn Recipe that’s Clean, Plant-Based, Organic, Non-GMO and Gluten Free!
And YES, you can bring this to a movie theatre – simply share how you only eat Non-GMO and Organic popcorn, and the theatre must allow you to bring it.
*Quick Note – Make sure to add some Protein like a beef, turkey or chicken stick or a protein shake/bar before you dive into the popcorn to help keep your blood sugar balanced *
Here’s the recipe:
- Coat the bottom of a large saucepan, on medium heat, with 1-2 tbsp of organic olive or coconut oil
- Put the heat on medium and add 4 kernels to the bottom of the pan
- Once the 4 kernels pop, evenly add in 1/3 cup of kernels
- Cover pan/pot
- Once popping slows down to several seconds between pops, remove from heat
- Uncover and add 1 tbsp of melted Miyoko’s Butter 🧈- it’s amazing
Now go get your Clean Popcorn 🍿 groove on!